A question about a recipe: Finger-Lickin' Finger Lakes Chicken

9df07f60 b5a8 4afe a684 e3c57f2f2dca  2018 0620 finger lickin finger lakes chicken 3x2 ty mecham 001

I have a question about the recipe "Finger-Lickin' Finger Lakes Chicken" from wssmom. If buying parts instead of whole chicken - how much in weight?

asked by ntt2 over 3 years ago

as someone who spent summers on Seneca Lake and undergrad years at Cornell, I found this recipe a nice surprise. Knew about Cornell triple rich flour but not Cornell chicken. For buying by weight, start with 4 oz boneless chicken breast, or 6 to 8 oz bone-in per person. Use more if you want leftovers.

The whole chickens that most consumers buy range in weight from 3 - 3 1/2 pounds for a fryer to 5 pounds for a roaster. Bear in mind the whole chicken has bones when you select your parts. You will need about 1/3 less for boneless pieces.

The recipe calls for 2 organic chicken breasts, split (not a whole chicken) so you have four nice-sized pieces. Others used breasts and thighs with success. I would use what you want to but make sure you have enough marinade.