What is the calorie content of this shake...seems like it would be high...?

Jade D. July 22, 2015
Interesting. I don't use as much coconut (or almond) milk as this recipe calls for and the avocado still gives my smoothies or shake a parfait like-consistency. On the other side of the coin, Coconut milk a good fat as well.

Jade D. July 21, 2015
I have made something similar to this recipe with just a tablespoon or two of Siggi's Yogurt (any Greek would probably work, too) and a little almond milk and more like 1/4 cup. The avocado probably accounts for the highest part of the calories but it is good fat opposed to bad fat. If you are counting calories, I would allot for it in your daily count. Of important note, it is the avocado that makes it so fluffy (almost like a parfait consistency) as when I only use frozen banana, this consistency doesn't happen. If you are really worried, also try cutting back on the coconut milk by half, and maybe add the juice of one orange or lemon instead of premade orange juice (I like lemon or a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar is also delicious in it). I will admit, when I make it I use it as say my breakfast so its not so bad as it is rich because of the banana and avocado. Hope this helps.

HalfPint July 22, 2015
Actually, the avocado wasn't the highest. It was the coconut milk which was almost 50% of the calories.

HalfPint July 21, 2015
I calculate about 963 calories for the recipe.