🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Oats and Quinoa Breakfast Bars

466f14ed 252b 4e47 837c aa5a68e21bd9  2013 0910 cp oats quinoa breakfast bars27890

I have a question about the recipe "Oats and Quinoa Breakfast Bars" from CravingSomethingHealthy. how well do these travel? looking for snacks to make ahead of a full day of travel next week but the instructions say to refrigerate - wondering if they would hold up in my carry on?

asked by Emily Love over 2 years ago

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

My guess is that travelling with this wouldn't be a big deal. Americans (especially the privileged, college-educated types) seem to get worked up about food spoilage despite the fact that a huge number of people on this planet still don't have modern refrigeration.

If you're really worried, don't put it in your carry-on bag. Put it in your checked luggage which will sit in a unheated, unpressurized cargo bay. Air temperature at normal cruising altitudes (~35,000 feet) are sub-freezing.

75f53b18 0c06 48c3 8f36 619d716c1a28  pinternest logo 2

Hi Emily - the bars won't spoil, but they will be soft. You can wrap them individually in plastic wrap and they'll travel better.

2525f653 b225 4c8f 9925 212187a6f013  2aea6da

thanks so much! was mainly concerned about them falling apart so I will be sure to wrap them individually!