A question about a recipe: Pancetta and Cheese Grilled Polenta Wedges

Fbfafe38 14fd 475c aa57 99fe205dde9f  ham and chesse polenta wedges

I have a question about the recipe "Pancetta and Cheese Grilled Polenta Wedges " from Cordelia. What Polenta do you use, instant or corn meal?

asked by Nan about 3 years ago

In practice, I'm not fussy...usually use whatever's available when shopping.
Most cornmeals give decent results and I don't find the polenta tastes much different, especially if you are going to be background/absorber of flavors for a highly spiced sauce.
On the other hand, if the polenta is to be served simply with butter and cheese or as a focus of the meal, a high quality stone ground cornmeal will give better results and be worth finding

should read: if you are going to use it as background...

I never use instant polenta.