A question about a recipe: Cardamom cake with cloudberry cream

Bf33f3f1 ca54 4a63 988a 42f8867f869e  cakewhole

I have a question about the recipe "Cardamom cake with cloudberry cream" from fiveandspice. When do I add the vanilla? Missed it and the cake is in the overnight, but question is for next time! Thanks for the recipe- LOVE cardamom!

asked by Pat Hampton over 3 years ago

Pat Hampton

Ha! Doubt it will make it overnight- meant oven!

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

In general, vanilla goes into a recipe with other liquid ingredients. If there's milk, yogurt, buttermilk or sour cream, I usually mix it in....in this recipe, mix it in with the eggs. Since vanilla doesn't contribute to the chemical structure of a recipe, it doesn't really matter when you toss it in as long as it incorporates.

Pat Hampton

Thanks pieceoflayercake! The addition of vanilla was omitted from the instructions...wasn't sure if it was incorporated into the actual cake or the cloudberry/cream. Either way I'm about to cut into the cake - I'm sure it will be great!

you could incorporate the forgotten vanilla into the cloudberry cream, where it will add flavor and not really change texture/liquidity.

Add the liquid vanilla extract at the same time with the sugar to the beaten eggs.