A question about a recipe: Chickpeas with Pasta and Greens

55c298d7 204b 4780 8d63 cbe2a62c8eec  photo

I have a question about the recipe "Chickpeas with Pasta and Greens" from tyrannyofcake. What is the advice regarding chickpeas mentioned in this recipe? Thanks.

asked by Jacob over 3 years ago

The advice pertains to the observation that canned chickpeas are as good as reconstituted (soaked) dry chickpeas.

Jacob

That is the happiest news since Pepin scoffed at the 'mushrooms can't be washed' directive. Thanks!

Jacob, lol at the mushrooms. I even took my gram scale out to see for myself. I happily give my mushrooms a quick shower or dunk now...horrifying my friends.

Harold McGee did the same experimenting about twenty years ago while writing a column for the NY Times. He soaked 252g of mushrooms in water for five minutes then weighed them; they gained 6 grams.

Here's a fun article from The Guardian by a writer who performed the same test in 2010: http://www.theguardian...

Jacob

Susan, that's hysterical.

Had to prove to myself it was true. :)

Jacob

Thanks for the article CV.