A question about a recipe: Pork Belly Carnitas

3e58783b f6ec 4b83 97c9 d192f4070a1f  wildcard carnitas food52 mark weinberg 14 05 27 0296

I have a question about the recipe "Pork Belly Carnitas" from meatified. How would one make this in a crock pot?

asked by Ryan Frankman over 3 years ago

Please offer the courtesy of a hyperlink to the recipe, rather than forcing people to search for it.

http://meatified.com/pork-belly-carnitas/

Anyhow, in steps 2 and 3, just replace the Dutch oven with your crock pot and set to "High." Every machine is a bit different and we don't know if yours will reach 350 degrees. If it doesn't you will need to increase the cooking time to your satisfaction. Even if you did use a Dutch oven, you'd still want to monitor the cooking progress anyhow to make sure the meat is cooked to your liking.

Finish the carnitas in a skillet per Step 4.

Good luck!

former Community Editor

Just FYI cv, when a question is directed asked from a recipe as this one was, the title of the question links right to the recipe page!

Thanks Lindsay-Jean, I didn't see a link when it was posted so I searched for it and found the original recipes at meatified.com not the one here.

Anyhow, this looks like a fun dish as I love carnitas myself!

Along with what Lindsay-Jean said, if you click the photo, it takes you right to the recipe. Cleverness.

Zane

Wow I learn something everyday.

Thanks Lindsay-Jean and Susan. Never knew :)

Zane, I'd say I've found 90% of the recipes that I've saved to my profile thanks to questions asked by other members.

Ryan Frankman

Thanks guys. I want to make this on Monday so i can use the meat all week for work and I don't really have time when i get home so i was hoping just setting it to low for 8hr or so would work.

Ah, I just discovered that the link for the recipe in question does not show up on the Food52 home page in the Hotline section.

You must go to the Hotline page to see this level of detail.

Perhaps that something the site administrators should consider changing in the future. The only link to the recipe in question on this page is the photo. Curious webpage design decisions.