🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Roasted Tomato Jam

A4f5d625 4906 4e11 b1d4 4195a2ba0a56  2013 0819 finalist roasted tomato jam 293

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Tomato Jam" from Amanda Hesser. Can one get away with straining the seeds off or is it crucial for the pectin content of the jam?

asked by Panfusine about 2 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Yes, you can!

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Panfusine, I would not go through the effort of straining the seeds. I make this jam often, and the seeds are not really noticeable... Especially because the jam is chunky, so it kind of all works nicely together. On the other hand, if you are really going for a smooth experience, then I would recommend peeling of the tomatoes as well, because you might feel the skins more than the seeds.