A question about a recipe: Cool Rise Challah

85b83600 c456 43e0 b4a2 9f22cdbfa804  challah finished loaves ss

I have a question about the recipe "Cool Rise Challah" from Bria. I am making much smaller loaves; 6 instead of 2. How long shall I bake them?

asked by ELCookie about 3 years ago

Haven't made this specific recipe, but often make challah (in different versions) in smaller sizes. For smaller-than-regular size loaves and rolls, about 25-30 min at 350 usually works. If you're worried your oven is fast or that's too much, start checking visually at 15 or 20 minutes into the bake time.

Amy
Amy

Once they start to turn lightly golden, you should check the temperature. A loaf of bread is done once the internal temperature reaches 170+ degrees F. Gluten free bread is a different story, but the challah would follow that rule.