A question about a recipe: Date Night Roasted Chicken Thighs with Morel Herb Butter and Potatoes

D8ae79f8 a2c2 4a9b a614 b98a301225c3  roasted chicken w thyme

I have a question about the recipe "Date Night Roasted Chicken Thighs with Morel Herb Butter and Potatoes" from gravy lessons. Are you meant to drizzle the finished dish with the morel herb butter? Or is it added at an earlier stage?

asked by Darlene almost 3 years ago

The recipe author states in the headnotes, "However, one night I slid a pat of frozen Morel Herb Butter under the chicken skin and discovered a date night version." So I would make the butter and freeze, then make the recipe as written. So you're basically making a compound butter to slip under the skin while it cooks.

Darlene

Steps 1 & 2 in the recipe should be reversed in that case and it should be noted that the recipe requires advance prep - i.e., freezing time. Regardless, recipe sounds delicious and I will be trying soon.