🔕 🔔

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

There is a foolproof recipe in The Bakery Lane Soup Bowl Cookbook that I used to make every week, back in my bread baking days. The loaves were always delicious. For 2 loaves, 1/2 cup molasses was added. 1/2 cup molasses = almost 8 tablespoons. Not an answer to your question, but a comparison.

Ddba06e6 628a 4de2 854a c9314f157f15  photo0129

It would depend on the type of molasses you've used I would assume. A lighter molasses would not result in a darker color such as you experienced.

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

Yes, not all molasses are created equal. If you can ask the author which she used for hers, that's helpful. I like to use molasses like a seasoning agent - I put it in, dash by glug to taste. depending on the kind, it can be too strong & overpower all other ingredients.