🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Brussels Sprouts Gratin

B9ab8d9b 2ec9 4bf9 8f56 36247e6916b6  2014 1111 f52edit brussels sprout gratin729

I have a question about the recipe "Brussels Sprouts Gratin" from hardlikearmour. Is there any reason why this cannot be made a few hrs ahead and served room temp? I ask b/c I saw the recipe says serve immediately. Thanks!

asked by Theresa almost 2 years ago

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

If you like other cold gratins, go ahead and enjoy.

For me, the main point of all gratins is the fact that they are close to bubbling hot and above all the top is crispy. If you leave it aside and serve at room temperature, the top will start to absorb the moisture from the gratin and soften.

Entirely your call based on what you expect from a gratin and if you care for the crispy & crunchy top.