A question about a recipe: Chickpea, Pumpkin, and Sage Stew

5cb3326a 5dec 4709 8974 336bb5bc3712  chickpea pumpkin pasta f52

I have a question about the recipe "Chickpea, Pumpkin, and Sage Stew " from CarolineWright. Any recommendation for a gluten free grain that can be used instead of the pasta?

asked by Maggie Peck almost 3 years ago

buckwheat (a grass, not a grain) in the form of kasha groats.

Panfusine

whole millet perhaps?

Caroline Lange

+1 groats! i bet rice would also work well.

1071292522

While I have no dietary restrictions myself, I have tried a couple of gluten-free pastas and one was actually decent. I think it was made of artichoke flour. Based on that experience, I would not hesitate to recommend using a tasty gluten-free pasta as a replacement.

Other alternatives would be dumplings based on potato or corn. If you replace the pasta with dumplings, you will likely need to adjust the cooking procedure so the dumplings don't turn into mush.

Bevi

To follow up on gluten free pasta - there are bean based pastas on the market as well.