A question about a recipe: Chickpea, Pumpkin, and Sage Stew

223a3e40 da59 497c b0f8 20c3a8167aeb  2018 1005 chickpea pumpkin and sage stew 3x2 julia gartland 105

I have a question about the recipe "Chickpea, Pumpkin, and Sage Stew " from CarolineWright. Any recommendation for a gluten free grain that can be used instead of the pasta?

asked by Maggie Peck about 3 years ago

buckwheat (a grass, not a grain) in the form of kasha groats.

Panfusine

whole millet perhaps?

Caroline Lange

+1 groats! i bet rice would also work well.

While I have no dietary restrictions myself, I have tried a couple of gluten-free pastas and one was actually decent. I think it was made of artichoke flour. Based on that experience, I would not hesitate to recommend using a tasty gluten-free pasta as a replacement.

Other alternatives would be dumplings based on potato or corn. If you replace the pasta with dumplings, you will likely need to adjust the cooking procedure so the dumplings don't turn into mush.

Bevi

To follow up on gluten free pasta - there are bean based pastas on the market as well.