A question about a recipe: Homemade Alcoholic Ginger Beer

836d6b22 5be6 4074 b54d 7f503bfe5429  14

I have a question about the recipe "Homemade Alcoholic Ginger Beer" from Catherine Lamb. Hi, I've been growing a ginger bug for over a week, and it's all fizzy and ready to go--can't wait to finally do something with it! My question about your ginger beer recipe is this: I did not start with champagne yeast, just the ginger, sugar and water, adding daily. Is this going to affect the outcome in the beer-making process? I suppose I'll find out since I'm going to go ahead and make it, but would still love to get your feedback. Thanks!

asked by Manya Gorman-Knutson about 3 years ago

former Community Editor

I haven't tried this, but just from looking around the internet, it seems it should work just fine. Here's a link to a yeast-free ginger beer recipe and some FAQs about it: http://seattleseedling.com/2013/05/homemade-ginger-beer-q-and-a/