A question about a recipe: Pastrami

Cb613bf1 681e 4290 bf19 de24819faca2  2013 1011 pastrami 004

I have a question about the recipe "Pastrami" from Michael Anthony. Can the pastrami be frozen after making and cooking it? Thanks for you help!

asked by KAREN almost 3 years ago

Since the original recipe states that the meat can be cooked and refrigerated up to a week, it is likely that the meat will survive freezing to some extent although texture may suffer like most items that undergo freezing.

Whether or not the defrosted item is up to your standards is your call, of course.

I find that fattier cuts of cooked meat (particularly pork) surviving defrosting well enough for my own personal consumption. Whether or not I would put these on a plate for guests would largely depend on the makeup of the dinner guests and the context of the event.

I freeze a fair amount of cooked meats, and most I would consider serving to a close friend in a casual situation. I'm not sure how much of them I'd serve at a fancy dinner party though.

Your call.

irina

Yes, I have made pastrami and frozen it several times.
Just be sure to wrap in heavy duty foil and zip lock.
Keep air out.
Cheers
irina

KAREN

THANKS to all of you for your quick response and advice! Much appreciated! Karen