A question about a recipe: Dorie Greenspan's Hot (and Cold) Chocolate

Bbeead6b 68c6 42ac 9e74 747be191e849  2015 0202 dorie greenspans genius hot chocolate as 301

I have a question about the recipe "Dorie Greenspan's Hot (and Cold) Chocolate" from Genius Recipes. Is it okay to use either 1% or skim milk instead of whole milk in this recipe? (cannot take the full-on whole milk)

asked by Susan almost 3 years ago

You can use whatever % milk you like I am sure but remember the recipe calls for some water so the whole milk is watered down a bit. If you really don't like whole milk I would used 1 or 2%

Niknud
Niknud

Rachael is a trusted home cook.

I've made this with both whole milk and 2%. Either way it was delicous! You should hold a little bit back and chill it for some of the best chocolate milk you've ever had.