Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

B393792a 3e56 468d a2c5 cc02870c4b49  9094917684 a054364247 z

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Bundt Cake" from Kelsey Banfield. Hi, I am planning to make a 2 layer 8 inch cake, can i bake this cake in an 8 inch cake pan and will it be enough for 2 layers? Thanks!

asked by Kathryn Zhou about 1 year ago

I think I would find another recipe for a chocolate layer cake rather than trying to use this one. The recipe doesn't specify what size Bundt pan to use, so you can't compare the volumes of the two different types of pans. You could look at other cake recipes that call for similar amounts of eggs, flour, sugar and butter for guidance on the pan size, but it seems easier to choose another recipe. The other thing, the recipe head note says the cake has the texture if a steamed pudding, which is dense and heavy. Do you really want frosting on that, particularly with two cups of sugar in the cake?

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Kathryn, I've used the recipe for layer cake. It works fine with 2 8" layers.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.