A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

649ecb61 6487 41f5 9c81 eaae56545b24  2017 0601 chocolate bundt cake bobbi lin 27353

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Bundt Cake" from Kelsey Banfield. Hi, I am planning to make a 2 layer 8 inch cake, can i bake this cake in an 8 inch cake pan and will it be enough for 2 layers? Thanks!

asked by Kathryn Zhou about 3 years ago

I think I would find another recipe for a chocolate layer cake rather than trying to use this one. The recipe doesn't specify what size Bundt pan to use, so you can't compare the volumes of the two different types of pans. You could look at other cake recipes that call for similar amounts of eggs, flour, sugar and butter for guidance on the pan size, but it seems easier to choose another recipe. The other thing, the recipe head note says the cake has the texture if a steamed pudding, which is dense and heavy. Do you really want frosting on that, particularly with two cups of sugar in the cake?

Kathryn, I've used the recipe for layer cake. It works fine with 2 8" layers.