A question about a recipe: Pear, Brandy and Walnut Cranberry Sauce

2f997ffe 7dea 4aca 96b6 5cf7eec9ca70  2016 1028 pear brandy walnut cranberry sauce bobbi lin 11139

I have a question about the recipe "Pear, Brandy and Walnut Cranberry Sauce" from notlazy.rustic.. I have cognac and would assume that it will be fine in place of brandy. Thought I should check before making it this Thanksgiving though. The reviews have me excited to try this!

asked by NotTooSweet almost 3 years ago

Yes, it will be fine. Make this cranberry over the weekend before Thanksgiving. Giving it a few days in the fridge will make it taste much better. Do not add the walnuts until right before serving, unless you like soggy walnuts. (Some people do. Others don't.) The flavor of the walnuts is also overwhelmed by the boldness of the other flavors after a few hours. ;o)

NotTooSweet

Thanks so much for the reply and the tip. I'll definitely make it several days before serving.

Cognac is brandy from a special region of France.

Brandy is the name of the spirit that is not region specific.

NotTooSweet

Obviously I am not much of a drinker! Thanks much for the reply.