A question about a recipe: No-Fuss Vegan Cornbread

23d6d196 ab79 49b8 a404 e43e5020db6f  cornb

I have a question about the recipe "No-Fuss Vegan Cornbread" from Gena Hamshaw. Can I use butter instead of canola oil? If so, how do I make the substitution? My husband is allergic to milk and eggs, but, for some odd reason, butter doesn't affect him.

asked by Kayla about 3 years ago

Nap O'Leon

Yes, but you have to melt the butter first.

Also, keep in mind that butter is only about 80-82% fat (remainder is water and milk solids), so you may need to use slightly more butter tsp to equal the fat content specified in recipe...i.e, 4/10 cup or 6 and 2/3 tbsp of butter compared to the 1/3 cup or 5 and 1/3 tbsp of oil.

Amanda

Ghee would work better. As Nancy pointed out, simple melted butter is not 100% fat. Ghee is.