A question about a recipe: Slice and Bake Chocolate Almond Cookies (spicy or not)

05987468 7558 49e6 9d48 abccee22cdbd  img 0748

I have a question about the recipe "Slice and Bake Chocolate Almond Cookies (spicy or not)" from drbabs. What is the texture of these cookies? My SIL is having a nostalgia trip about chocolate almond cookies mom made 45 years ago. She said they were crispy/crunchy...are these more like shortbread?

asked by Windischgirl almost 3 years ago

Windischgirl

Forgot to add that I am seeking a recipe but with little to go on. I'm open to other refrigerator cookie recipes with chocolate almond flavors that yield a crunchy result.

These are crunchy. The trick is to slice them thinly.

and/or you can turn up many recipes from a search, e.g.:
http://smittenkitchen.com...

Windischgirl

Thank you, thank you! Going to try and make a batch today! And I'm excited that Deb has a directory...a cookie baker's dream.

Windischgirl

So I made both Dr. Babs' recipe and the one from Smitten Kitchen (added 1 c chopped toasted almonds and subbed in 1/4c Cocoa).
IMHO, I liked Dr. Babs's recipe better, but my SIL said SK's recipe was closer to what she remembers. To be fair, I did bake Babs' cookies just a bit longer to get them crunchy. Sent her home with SK's cookies and am hoarding Babs' for my own cookie trays.
It's official! First Christmas cookies of the 2015 season gave been made!

How ambitious! Thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed them.