A question about a recipe: Suzanne Goin's Corned Beef and Cabbage with Parsley-Mustard Sauce

2980f9f8 eaec 4fa1 8ad3 de5816f90948  food52 03 13 2012 4189

I have a question about the recipe "Suzanne Goin's Corned Beef and Cabbage with Parsley-Mustard Sauce" from Genius Recipes. Would it be ok to use red cabbage for this recipe?

asked by Jessie and Matt almost 3 years ago

jonakocht

Yep. It's just a little more robust than white cabbage, and it will dye your broth and veggies a blueish colour, but if you're fine with that then you can totally use it. (If you put some acid in it while cooking, it'll turn out pink-purple instead of dark blue)

From a flavor perspective, there's no issue.

From an aesthetic standpoint, using red cabbage will result in something much different than the photograph. All the vegetables will be bright pink.

It's your call if you want that type of presentation.

Personally, I would find it odd, but that's just me...

You could, but I wouldn't.