A question about a recipe: Deb Perelman's Mushroom Bourguignon

D6ca4718 ac67 487b b780 1f697a8e2868  mushroombourguignon2

I have a question about the recipe "Deb Perelman's Mushroom Bourguignon" from Genius Recipes. I've made this through step 3, 2 days prior and it was great. I would love to make this 4 or 5 days prior, again through step 3. Then day of, finish and cook noodles, etc. Do you think it will "keep" for 4 to 5 days before finishing?

asked by NotTooSweet almost 3 years ago

It should be just fine, but any longer than that and I would freeze it (it freezes nicely).

NotTooSweet

Thank you Kristen. I didn't think of freezing it - so glad to hear that is an option. Is it okay to finish the recipe before freezing, or should I still make through step 3 and finish with the thickening the day I serve? This site has been such a lifeline for me - can't thank you enough for all the help!

It's fine to freeze the recipe in completed form—you might just want to tweak the consistency and flavor once it's thawed and re-warmed. If it looks thin, reduce it down; if it looks thick, add a bit of water or wine, then taste!