A question about a recipe: Chard Salad with Garlic Breadcrumbs and Parmesan

5e55cc2a 5219 4893 ac13 65869cc13e07  2013 1104 clara swiss chard salad 008

I have a question about the recipe "Chard Salad with Garlic Breadcrumbs and Parmesan" from Merrill Stubbs. This recipe serves 4. I want to make a larger quantity for a potluck, but when I quadruple the ingredients, I come up with 4 lemons, 3 cups of parmesan, 6 cups of breadcrumbs and 2 cups of EVOO. Doesn't that seem out of scale? Advice?

asked by Darlene almost 3 years ago

lloreen

yes, that seems out of scale. You are going to need to taste as you go. I'm guessing 1-2 lemons and less than a cup of olive oil.

I read through the comments, and it seems like there's extra dressing in the original recipe, and that some people cut back on the oil. (I prefer about a one to one ratio of lemon juice to oil in most dressings, so to me there's a lot of oil in the dressing.) I think how much of the cheese and bread crumbs you add is a matter of taste. Also, you're going to want to pack the ingredients separately and toss them together just before serving, or by the time you get to the party, you will have a soggy mess (she said from sad experience…)