🔕 🔔

Michelin Star Chefs are coming tomorrow, I made "Cars" shaped desserts

7a9d1049 ee14 469f 8392 5feb8319e61b  cars shaped dessert food52

Good morning to all, my guests are coming tomorrow and I am making the dessert. As we are in the French Riviera famous for the Monaco Grand Prix, I though it would be fun to make them "Cars" shaped dessert. The outcome is not FANTASTIC (see below, picture not great is 5am). Should I serve them anyway or re-make it with the classic round shape? It is Almond Meringue with Butter Cream

asked by Your Guardian Chef about 2 years ago

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

the photo is pretty fuzzy on my screen, but the top center plate does look like a car- which is clever. So if you can get them to look like a car, I say do it.

ktr

I say serve them and have a laugh if they don't turn out quite right. I'm sure they will taste good either way.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

The picture is kind of smallish, so it is hard to say. Are the little black things blackberries? When you assemble the dessert tomorrow, you could use four of them and put them on the side of the car, it will look like formula 1 tires.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

... now in case you really do not like the shapes, to avoid making new ones, you could crush the ones you have and serve with butter cream and fruits in small cups or glasses, sort of like Eton Mess. It's a bullet-proof desert, and my favorite way to eat meringue.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I'm not really sure what effect you're going for here, but maybe if you put the meringues on top of a puddle of sauce, instead of pouring it on top, the car shapes would "read" more clearly.

They look like cars to me. I would go for it. I also like Queen Sashy's suggestion of putting the berries where tires would be.

Whatever you serve - chayote, miniature cars, Italian specialities - thinking of you and wishing you a lovely evening Tuesday night in southern France (around 2 pm Eastern Standard).

05ecb292 9c62 4e50 b630 a898cae237ad  laura avatar s size

Almond meringue with butter cream defined by Christophe Dufau "memorable!"

778e5766 ebbe 48be ab46 b0a9b14cbff5  almond meringue butter cream 26 19 1

I finally had the time to publish the recipe on FOOD 52 for those who are interested:
https://food52.com/recipes...