A question about a recipe: Candied Orange Peel

Dcb8d2bc fc91 4987 9c5a c121830039da  1 final candied orange peel scoop

I have a question about the recipe "Candied Orange Peel" from Jennifer Farley | Savory Simple. At what point do I slice these orange peels in to orangettes? After the first three boilings? After the candying stage?

asked by ktorg almost 3 years ago

Not sure what you mean by orangette. Step 1 of the recipe clearly states the the orange is quartered, the flesh scooped out, then chopped into thin slides.

If you look at the second photo of the slideshow (top of the recipe), it is pretty clear.

Slices, not slides. Ugh.

Anyhow, the rest of the photo slideshow shows the slices in various stages of the recipe. There are no further instructions to cut the peels beyond Step 1.