A question about a recipe: The Walnut Variation: A Cake

7e1bf187 3e46 4256 9e6f 957a0c4f8f32  2014 0520 finalist walnut variation cake 189

I have a question about the recipe "The Walnut Variation: A Cake" from Aliwaks. Can I make the cake with meringue the day before and assemble with cream the following day before we eat it?

asked by Nuala almost 3 years ago

In the recipe's comments, at least one reader Odegaard was successful in preparing the cake in the manner you propose. That reader left some notes on how things went.

I did not bother to read all 61 comments. I suggest you read through them carefully as other commenters may have also tried to prep the cake the day before and might have left similar comments.

Good luck.