A question about a recipe: Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Crème Fraîche and Herbs

0b2ff334 5970 40d0 8fed ad4fc985cbf0  2017 1025 mashed sweet potatoes creme fraiche herbs rocky luten 057

I have a question about the recipe "Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Crème Fraîche and Herbs" from Merrill Stubbs. My mashed sweet potatoes turned out very fibrous/stringy. Anything I can do?

asked by juliunruly almost 3 years ago

I would pass the sweet potato mush through a food mill.

juliunruly

We don't own a food mill :(

juliunruly

Also, in case it matters, all the other ingredients (butter, creme fraiche, etc.) have been added to the mash. The dish is finished, it's just stringy. Tastes great, though!

Glad to hear it tastes good.

You can try passing it through a coarse strainer, but it'll be a lot of work. Your call.

mstv

Puree in the food processor.