A question about a recipe: Cold Vegetable and Noodle Salad with Ponzu Dressing

3f477086 b5a0 4d18 b52c f5e0f6cf5be4  2015 0707 cold noodle salad with ponzu sauce bobbi lin 4391

I have a question about the recipe "Cold Vegetable and Noodle Salad with Ponzu Dressing" from Sarah Jampel. What is a vegetarian substitute for Bonito Flakes in this recipe?

asked by Courtney C over 2 years ago

Some people substitute konbu, but that's already in the recipe. I think I'd just leave them out.

foofaraw

Probably just add more kombu and water from shitake mushroom http://www.vrg.org/journal... ?

When I run out of Bonito for dashing, I double the kombu. It works well.

Courtney C

Thanks for all of the replies! I'll definitely fiddle with the kombu a bit to get some more ocean-y flavor (and add some more shiitake soaking water). Thanks again!