🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Slowcooker Hoppin' John

D5062bba 50ce 41fe b7d4 e64227674178  040111f blackeyedpea 02

I have a question about the recipe "Slowcooker Hoppin' John" from Hilarybee. how many carrots is a bunch of carrots? do they really mean to use a whole pound of carrots in the recipe?

asked by JORJ almost 2 years ago

They should have posted a weight or volume amount of carrots, but it is totally up to you how much you put in. I only like a sprinkling of carrots, but that's me. I would be more concerned that there's no pork added in the form of bacon or ham hock, but maybe you wanted vegetarian.

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

The lack of pork is also mentioned by one of the commenters on the recipe page. The recipe author concedes that pork could be added.