🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sticky Rice Cake with Coconut, Ginger & Condensed Coconut Milk

B5afcb04 7f9d 496d 891f 59d6b29f04fe  2015 1215 sticky rice cake with ginger and coconut mark weinberg 519

I have a question about the recipe "Sticky Rice Cake with Coconut, Ginger & Condensed Coconut Milk" from Sarah Jampel. Can I use "Hakubai" sticky rice. Does the coconut have to be frozen?

asked by wanderash over 1 year ago

18b4c5ea 4fcd 4b40 ae35 f46aa73b4abf  img 0848

I haven't made this recipe, but the substitutions you suggest sounds very reasonable. If you use dried coconut instead of frozen, you might be better off just toasting it in a dry skillet before adding to the recipe.