A question about a recipe: Roasted Radicchio and Shrimp with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette

D5c03a2b b37f 4e6f b04c 742587edc8c7  2017 0725 roasted radicchio and shrimp with bacon vinaigrette emily dryden 367

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Radicchio and Shrimp with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette" from EmilyC. Hi! I was just wondering if you think it would be a good idea to use this recipe with vegetables other than radicchio...

asked by Fer Toxtle almost 3 years ago

This is a warm salad, so any similar green that does well cooked should be an acceptable replacement including (but not limited to) cabbage, chard, kale, escarole, chicory, a lot of the Chinese greens (like baby bok choy), mustard greens, etc.

If you have a preferred cooked green, you should try that first.

Fer Toxtle

Thank you!!

LE BEC FIN

fer, my first view of a warm bacon vinaigrette recipe was c.1964.
it was in a Gourmet mag. and was for green beans. I think that that is its most common use, and also over a spinach salad. I tend, mentally, to use it over mild tasting veggies (not broccoli)
but heck, we're talking BACON here! () so experiment to your heart's desire!: corn, brussel sprouts, okra, all the greens .....

A Cook Named Matt

Heck yeah it would that's the point of cooking! Make it into your own dish. Try something similar like chicories and then move on to your favorite veg. Taste it. Always taste it. I in my opinion think it's great to play around with different variations of classics. Happy cooking!

beejay45

Agree with above responses, but you do realize that BACON is NOT VEGETARIAN, don't you???