🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Homemade Bagels

B1ae7c25 9795 41a8 9eb6 aff9bbfd1271  image homemade bagels weeks 29 30 bagels recipe vscocam

I have a question about the recipe "Homemade Bagels" from Angela Brown. Can I make bagels with spelt flour? Thanks!

asked by Nina Ivanovic almost 2 years ago

My first reaction, having made some clunkers with alternative flours (or too much of them substituted in what was originally a wheat flour recipe), was to be cautious. My second, after a couple quick googles, is that there are lots of recipes from reliable sources for bread made all from spelt flour, and bagels made from all-spelt or spelt & wheat. Have a look, maybe make one of those recipes first...designed to work with the spelt flour...then come back to the Angela Brown recipe, maybe make it once as written, then with your modifications.