🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Basic Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes

82a7940f 800d 44c9 bbd1 faa57aa99904  2015 0824 how to bake cupcakes bobbi lin 8479

I have a question about the recipe "Basic Vanilla and Chocolate Cupcakes " from Erin McDowell. I'm wondering if it's a typo when the instruction said to use a #40 scoop. For mini cupcakes, maybe. For regular ones, wouldn't something like a #16 work better?

asked by Cam over 1 year ago

0fecd8f8 6ef1 4649 9f57 83bf4668f3d0  3572
Erin McDowell

Erin is a baking aficionado, writer, stylist, and Test Kitchen Manager at Food52. She is currently writing a cookbook.

Yes! Good catch - I've altered the recipe. A #40 is what I used to fill the cavities 3/4 way full!