A question about a recipe: Hervé This' Chocolate Mousse

A96fd6af 27b6 4c99 9e98 12b2ffd9bafb  food52 02 07 12 7891

I have a question about the recipe "Hervé This' Chocolate Mousse" from Genius Recipes. This totally failed to thicken for me, despite trying the fixes suggested. I tried it with white chocolate, could that be the problem? For the record I ended up salvaging it with first a couple tablespoons of heavy cream whisked in, then folded in 2 egg whites that I'd beaten to stiff peaks. But this method did interest me! Any tips for better success?

asked by Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus almost 3 years ago

LE BEC FIN

oh no emily!you CANNOT just sub white choc for regular choc (because white choc isn't really a choc and has a totally different chemistry.) sorry kiddo. it's all a learning curve, that's for sure.