🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Abbacchio al Forno (Roast Lamb with Potatoes)

288aec62 fbe3 4990 aae4 67813d212a50  abbacchio img 7031 food52

I have a question about the recipe "Abbacchio al Forno (Roast Lamb with Potatoes)" from Emiko. do you think it would be possible to adapt this recipe for a slow cooker? I'd finish the potatoes in the oven, but what liquid and how much would you suggest?

asked by jakestavis over 1 year ago

Hopefully Emiko will answer your question, but if not, here's an article to get you started. Slow cookers all cook differently, so keep your thermometer for the meat handy. I have 3 slow cookers and they all behave differently.

https://food52.com/blog...

285b3cc4 f55c 41c4 8b7a 70ac3f6517ba  2016 02 16 18 57 21

thank you, this is very helpful! thinking i'll throw in some extra aromatics and some dried fava beans I've been trying to use up.

I'm afraid I must dissent. The name itself "...all forno" means in the oven. This is a Roman classic that's hard enough to do right as it is. A slow cooker wouldn't help.