A question about a recipe: Fudgy Chocolate Stout Cake

6662adb9 131f 4d28 b65e 905ce444d146  chococake

I have a question about the recipe "Fudgy Chocolate Stout Cake" from mrslarkin. substitute for vegetable oil

asked by Hannah Pettett over 2 years ago

Amy
Amy

You can try butter in the same proportion, or coconut oil. But it will likely turn out a bit different. However, you won't know til you experiment a bit. I'd say, coconut oil is more likely to give you a much similar result. But that's just a "thought". Try it and see :)

Hi Hannah! I answered on the recipe page - I haven't tried butter, but it should work. Just melt it , so the batter consistency will be the same. Let us know how it turns out!! I have another similar recipe on the site, which is quite possibly my favorite cake in the world, and not vegan. It's cupcakes, but you can totally make it in cake pans, which I do from time to time. https://food52.com/recipes...