🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chicken Galantine or Pate de Campagne Asian- Style

80ebed51 3a6c 4e5b 8022 c98b839dd01a  dscf0359

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken Galantine or Pate de Campagne Asian- Style " from Kukla. Elizabeth. I hope you're still answering comments. I need to make an Asian style Chicken Galantine in culinary school for a test in less than 2 weeks. This recipe is the only one I can find. I'm a little confused about the directions. For the marinade you say to add the pepperS and coriander or cilantro. I only see black pepper and the coriander/cilantro is listed with the forcemeat ingredients - which you also direct to add to the forcemeat. Are we using those ingredients twice. or was that a typo. Also, is the "s" on peppers an error? Am I just adding freshly ground black pepper? I need to stuff an entire chicken, not just the breasts and we are required to use ground pork in that stuffing. So I will need to adjust your seasonings to incorporate more meat. Thank you in advance for answering my question.

asked by Linda about 2 years ago

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

i know kukla has been absent for awhile w/family concerns.

i would look into the books of jean georges von....gereighten(sp)?and jacques pepin and hugh carpenter. Also post another 52 question separately, asking if anyone can link you to such a recipe.Many people will have books by those chefs. Also, the reference librarian at your local library.
mostly the school is asking you to learn the technique of a galantine, and then learn about Asian flavorings - to make the forcemeat. Both are easily found, but likely in different recipes. There are tons of asian ground meat recipes- pork mostly, though other meats and poultry could be sub'd- in part or in whole.

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

fyi for those who missed the tribute to kukla: https://food52.com/blog...