Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chicken Galantine or Pate de Campagne Asian- Style

80ebed51 3a6c 4e5b 8022 c98b839dd01a  dscf0359

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken Galantine or Pate de Campagne Asian- Style " from Kukla. Elizabeth. I hope you're still answering comments. I need to make an Asian style Chicken Galantine in culinary school for a test in less than 2 weeks. This recipe is the only one I can find. I'm a little confused about the directions. For the marinade you say to add the pepperS and coriander or cilantro. I only see black pepper and the coriander/cilantro is listed with the forcemeat ingredients - which you also direct to add to the forcemeat. Are we using those ingredients twice. or was that a typo. Also, is the "s" on peppers an error? Am I just adding freshly ground black pepper? I need to stuff an entire chicken, not just the breasts and we are required to use ground pork in that stuffing. So I will need to adjust your seasonings to incorporate more meat. Thank you in advance for answering my question.

asked by Linda 10 months ago
21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

i know kukla has been absent for awhile w/family concerns.

i would look into the books of jean georges von....gereighten(sp)?and jacques pepin and hugh carpenter. Also post another 52 question separately, asking if anyone can link you to such a recipe.Many people will have books by those chefs. Also, the reference librarian at your local library.
mostly the school is asking you to learn the technique of a galantine, and then learn about Asian flavorings - to make the forcemeat. Both are easily found, but likely in different recipes. There are tons of asian ground meat recipes- pork mostly, though other meats and poultry could be sub'd- in part or in whole.

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

fyi for those who missed the tribute to kukla: https://food52.com/blog...