A question about a recipe: Kouign Amann

6645d427 25e4 4687 b925 2bde158fc191  zi4a8274

I have a question about the recipe "Kouign Amann" from Yossy Arefi. how do kouign amann freeze? have wanted to make these for a while but can't see myself eating a whole tray's worth before they'd go stale (worst case scenario I could push through and devour half, maybe)

asked by jakestavis over 2 years ago

Why don't you just cut the recipe ingredients by 50% and make a half portion?

Iowa_Pie_Lady

I freeze homemade rolls frequently - the most successful way for me is to wrap each individual roll snugly in aluminum foil (the foil can be re-used if you are careful), then put them in plastic bags. They will keep for 2-3 months with no freezer burn or loss of moisture, and they reheat very well in the microwave. They do take up a lot of space in your freezer though.

Ben McCulloch

The team at ChefSteps put together a whole article/recipe on it https://www.chefsteps.com... They said you can freeze the dough for later use. So I would make a full batch and then as you want them bake them up. I would use it within two months though.

jakestavis

ah, this is great, thanks for the link!