A question about a recipe: Crispy Coconut Kale with Roasted Salmon and Coconut Rice

3ca27245 74de 4612 b167 a4642f049991  2014 0211 crispy coconut kale roasted salmon 006

I have a question about the recipe "Crispy Coconut Kale with Roasted Salmon and Coconut Rice" from Ashley Couse | Bloom & Nourish. Just wondering if the coconut milk is from a can or a carton? Thank you!

asked by karenh over 2 years ago

I'd just use the stuff that doesn't have preservatives or additives, regardless of the packaging.

The stuff in the milk like carton is nothing like the real stuff in the can. I'm quite sure the author means canned.

karenh

Thank you both... I was assuming canned but appreciate confirmation.

Ashley Couse | Bloom & Nourish

I use real coconut milk either from a can or carton--not the watered down coconut milk in the refrigerated section of the grocer, but the coconut milk in the Asian section. My favorite is aroy-d because the ingredients are only coconut and water!

I absolutely love aroy-d. I don't think they add water.