🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Rhubarb Cherry Hibiscus Crumble

7e69e80e 3e4b 4e6d 8660 f2ec208185c4  2013 0618 rhubarb cherry crumble 018

I have a question about the recipe "Rhubarb Cherry Hibiscus Crumble" from em-i-lis. If you use dried hibiscus flowers, should you remove them before topping the fruit mixture with the crumble?

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

asked over 1 year ago

A43dee65 01b1 40a6 994d 068c78eb3eee  9f7dd561 a480 4e1b 8c8f d5da7ab5167c
dinner at ten

dinner at ten is a trusted home cook.

I've made the compote this recipe is based on with dried hibiscus, and I did remove the flowers (this was stipulated in the original recipe). I think the texture of the hibiscus flowers remains rather tough even after simmering.