🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pear and Almond Cake

E8035a29 7d02 4705 bd94 b3e2e2e2bf45  2014 0926 pear and almond cake 004

I have a question about the recipe "Pear and Almond Cake" from Sarah Jampel. Do you think I could replace the pear with rhubarb for a springtime take on this recipe?

asked by hchambers86 over 1 year ago

The pear almond recipe sounds delicious, and I love your springtime version using rhubarb. I think it would work well, although the rhubarb is much tarter than pears. On the other hand, there is quite a bit of sugar in the cake. I'd give it a try--worse case scenario is that you would need to serve sweetened whipped cream if the cake isn't sweet enough.