🔕 🔔

what foods don't go well with bordeaux's generally? I dont know which one the guests will be drinking so Im looking for broad strokes.

asked by brandon over 6 years ago

Just FYI- I pair wines with food daily and that is something that takes time. But, the only absolute blunder that can really be made is to serve any kind of pepper (bell, anahiem, Jalapeno,ect) with wine will give you a metallic after taste that is sure to ruin ones palette for the evening.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Assuming you are using a red bordeaux wine, I'd avoid any delicately flavored foods (i.e. mild white fish, scallops, etc...) Avoid asparagus and artichokes as well as they can ruin the taste of the wine. Strong cheeses and things like lamb or beef would be good options to serve.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

Concur with hardlikearmour on this one. Although scallops are kind of on the margin depending on how you prepare them. Wrapped in bacon they would probably be okay.

LOL, pierino. The bacon would make it work, and everything is better with some bacon.

thanks guys, I was concerned primarily with cabbage as it has some of the same notes as artichokes, but I dont think it was too bad. Preciate the feedback