A question about a recipe: Lamb Dolmas (Stuffed Grape Leaves)

905113d0 63ef 4adb b8ed af4f74e9be57  photo

I have a question about the recipe "Lamb Dolmas (Stuffed Grape Leaves)" from BeamingwithHealth. Is this recipe suppose to have rice in it? I tried making it as above with no rice, but after an hour in the oven almost none of the liquid was "absorbed". With no rice what would absorb it? I chose this recipie because I was looking for one with no grains, but I think this was suppose to have some.

asked by Raul over 2 years ago

I often make Dolmas with no rice, but I'm not sure if this recipe mistakenly left them out or not. Try one and see how it is. I either steam mine or cook them in a cast iron skillet. I always run into trouble when I try to braise them, so I stopped.