🔕 🔔

Question about current contest No-Bake Desserts

Just to clarify, it is only NO-oven or also No-stove? Some submitted recipes include stove cooking, which it makes sense since you bake in the oven, not the stove.

asked by Your Guardian Chef about 1 year ago

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Hi YGF, someone asked that same question a few days ago, Here is the response:

Caroline Lange
Caroline is an associate editor at Food52.

Hi LouLou,

We're looking for desserts you can make without the oven—and, if necessary, only little stovetop heat! (Lots of granitas, for example, call for a simple syrup to be made. That's great by us—but something that requires lots of simmering on the stove, wouldn't be a good fit for this contest.) Thank you for checking! Looking forward to seeing your entries.

05ecb292 9c62 4e50 b630 a898cae237ad  laura avatar s size

Thank you Phil, must have been the day I was flying.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Glad you posted this because I had to remove part of my entry, didn't see the previous question and Carolines answer. Whew...

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

It's no-oven, not no-stove.

At least two-thirds (maybe closer to three-quarters) of the submissions are sorbets, ice creams, or something with chocolate, meaning people are turning on the stove to make simple syrup, make a custard, or melt chocolate.

Perfect thanks, I entered my Ile Flottant ! :-)