A question about a recipe: Third Generation Peach Pie

Ad7a6665 bd4e 44fc 852f 813206ff46bf  2016 0722 cream cheese pie crust peach pie james ransom 180

I have a question about the recipe "Third Generation Peach Pie" from Rhonda35. This was my first pie and it was delicious, however the pie didn't set. The recipes said to spread the filling ingredients over the peaches. Should I have mix the fruit with the rest of the filling?

asked by Jessica almost 2 years ago

Rhonda35

Hi Jessica - pouring the filling mixture over the peaches should have worked fine. I have occasionally had this pie not set and I think it was due to the peach juices - some just expel more than others. If you make it again, perhaps try a bit more tapioca. Also, you can toss the peaches with a little flour before placing in pastry and then continue on with the same filling mixture. I'm sorry I don't have a more exact answer for you. I am glad you thought it was delicious!