A question about a recipe: Flourless Parsnip and Sweet Potato Cake

54e426cc 71ee 4084 9d2f 991d384143cc  parsnip sweet potato cake

I have a question about the recipe "Flourless Parsnip and Sweet Potato Cake" from AntoniaJames. Hello! I'm wondering if the egg yolks were supposed to be added to the recipe?

asked by Alexis over 2 years ago

It's slightly curious, but it doesn't look like they are used. AJ is extremely accurate, but it is possible she missed the egg yolk directive. She will get this question in her email, so she'll definitely answer you when she has a moment.

Hi, Alexis. Thanks for asking! I just corrected the recipe.
Yes, you do add the egg yolks. It's best to add them after you've blended the chopped parsnip with the sweet potatoes for a couple of minutes. (Otherwise, the ingredients tend to slosh around quite a bit before they come together.)
I also revised the recipe to put toasted almond slivers on at the end, after the cake is baked and you've put the apricot jam on. The way I did it previously ended up making the toasted nuts a bit soggy by the second day. (I didn't realize this until I made one of these that wasn't entirely eaten right away.)
I hope this helps.
And thanks, Susan W, as always, for chiming in! You're the best. ;o)