A question about a recipe: Basic cornbread, gluten free

1b391ad2 ac4f 40d9 9034 33129461e90f  20150618 130915 1024x768

I have a question about the recipe "Basic cornbread, gluten free" from Ivana Prendic. In the recipe, Basic Cornbread, Gluten-free, a Balkan recipe, is the corn flour called for cornstarch or regular corn flour?

asked by Rebecca Hart about 2 years ago

former Community Editor

The recipe author should have received a notification about your question, so hopefully she responds too, but I would assume regular corn flour. I don't think 8 tablespoons of corn meal is enough to make it cornbread-like on its own.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I am from the Balkans, so here is my take... It is definitely not cornstarch. I suspect that the author used a mixture of two different types of corn flour (coarse and fine).