A question about a recipe: Smoky Heirloom Tomato Corn Verrines

C132d8b1 5de6 4f8b b208 eb4aa091de68  image mg 2443

I have a question about the recipe "Smoky Heirloom Tomato Corn Verrines" from QueenSashy. Is the bacon used as the spoon

asked by Nan almost 2 years ago

Picholine

I doubt it, but I am definitely going to try this recipe!

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Ha! That is a good point. I never tried doing it, but it think it is "sturdy" enough to serve as a spoon, as long as you make sure you use thick enough piece. Although in my experience, bacon disappears right away :)

Omg this looks amazing. I just cured some bacon from a pork belly that I got from my farmer. Headed up to the farmers market to get the rest. My daughter is visiting for a couple of days from Washington and we may eat nothing but this for every meal.

So glad this question was asked.