🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cool Rise Challah

85b83600 c456 43e0 b4a2 9f22cdbfa804  challah finished loaves ss

I have a question about the recipe "Cool Rise Challah" from Bria. Can you freeze the dough? If so would you do it before or after it rises?

asked by Rachel kay 12 months ago

I haven't made this challah, but yes many similar. Yes ok to freeze. Decide which, based on how much space you have in the freezer or time likely available on day you want to bake. I favor freezing before the rise, because I like the taste and texture of doing the rise and bake all on the same day, but both are ok.