A question about a recipe: “Riso Freddo” {Italian Rice Salad}

A4c73817 a636 47d7 80e7 56961fb712d0  img 6826 copy

I have a question about the recipe "“Riso Freddo” {Italian Rice Salad}" from Ambra Torelli. Is there an authentic alternative to Tuna that doesn't involve fish? I'm sadly allergic (although shellfish are fine).

asked by Natalie R. about 2 years ago

If crustaceans are okay, and not just mollusks I would suggest perhaps lobster, langoustine or even cold prawns.

Natalie R.

Thank you! I can eat crustaceans, so that sounds like a tasty complement to the ingredients in the salad. I think I'll try prawns - perhaps with some olive oil to make up for the "packed in oil" part.

Consult your allergist. This is much more a medical question more than a culinary question.

There are recipes for this dish without the tuna, or with cured pork, semi soft cheeses and hard-cooked eggs. So you don't have to do a direct tuna substitute to get a tasty (and nutritious) dish. For ex:
http://www.seriouseats...

Natalie R.

Thank you! I really wanted to make something authentic for my first time trying the dish, so that's very useful to know.

Jenny Maria

Green kitchen storys has a resepi for vegan tuna with sunflowerseds.